Teaching for Tomorrow Showcase Event
This final showcase event was held in April 2018, near the end of the project at an event venue on the campus of Trinity College Dublin.The event was a celebratory conference in nature: it disseminated the completion of the project outcomes (the IO’s — the handbooks, the website, and additional resources) and highlighted the success of a three-year project focused on developing 21st Century Teaching and Learning (21CL) and the Bridge21 model in schools across Europe. The conference brought together leading academics, teachers/practitioners, educators, students and sponsors to share their experiences.
Teachers and administrators involved in the TfT project, directly and indirectly, led talks, seminars and workshops related to:
- Incorporating Bridge21 classroom activities in a pragmatic way
- School-wide Bridge21 approach
- Assessment of the 21C key skills
- Developing a community of practice with the school staff
- Diverse constructivist teaching styles
- The student perspective of learning in the model
Each TfT partner country led a workshop/seminar related to their area of expertise — their focus throughout the project and their handbook. There was also a keynote speaker at the start of the day, and an interview panel with students involved in the project at the end of the day.
Additionally, we officially launched the TfT website, which includes teaching resources such as 21CL practical handbooks for teachers, lesson plans, explanatory videos and related research.
The showcase had multiple themed parallel sessions running, so that participants could choose among 2-3 different sessions at any given time. In this way, they could choose to attend a seminar/workshop/talk most relevant and interesting to them.
Representatives from the following cohorts were invited:
– Relevant national agencies
– Teachers’ associations (subject-specific, head teachers, etc.)
– Media with an interest in the field of education
– Academic researchers interested in the fields of CPD or 21CL
– Local and National educational committees.
– European Policy representatives
You must be logged in to post a comment.